A Capricorn, and naturally skeptical.
And suspicious.
Of most everything, INCLUDING myself.
(Oh...)
And paranoid.
REALLY paranoid.

Be my friend. Or be AFRAID!
Thank you...

...And have a NICE day.

(Insert emoticon HERE.)

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

PE4_iMovie

 * Image Courtesy of http://www.1clipart.com







Dear Reader:

Ever feel as if you have a story to share, but don’t have the technical savvy for that “cinematic, critically-acclaimed, feel-good, blockbuster” in your mind?

I do…

…And it FRUSTRATES me.

Nowhere, has this been MORE evident than in the “one-minute movies” – those commercials “advertising” a favorite Web2.0 tool - I’ve had to (haphazardly) make for this class.

Sure, what I’ve thrown together at the 11th hour seemingly fulfills (in MY not-so-humble opinion) the base requirements for the assignment, but I want something more from my filmmaking endeavors.

Now, I don’t need the neuroses of Woody Allen, the Transcendental Meditation of David Lynch, or the perversions of Roman Polanski to tell a good story.  This much I know.  (And, I may not know much, dear reader, but I do know I can’t afford some self-destructive vice.)

I don’t need to procure (from family, friends, or grand theft) a GINORMOUS sum of money to finance my production.

I don’t even need a screenplay…   (…a pad of Post-Its will suffice!)

I don’t need actors…  (…or their insufferable “I only drink Evian and eat green M&Ms in my trailer” egos.)

Costumes…  (…I gave up my pension for cross-dressing YEARS ago.)  Just kidding.

Props…  (…an occasional “shout out” from my peeps will suffice.)

Rehearsals…   (Although this is negotiable.)

…Or film locations.  (But I would LOVE to se Cannes.!)

I just need a better understanding of iMovie and all its myriad popcorn “bells and whistles.”

So, I’m starting NOW.  Like, yesterday.

Over the course of the next three micro-blog posts (including this one) - entitled PE_4, PE_5 and PE_6, respectively - I will expound upon how I intend to cultivate my own, unique voice using iMovie – something I’m told will be extensively used come Month 8 in FPE (whatever THAT is.)

For starters, I’m asking myself the following question:

“What would I ultimately like to know about iMovie?  How can it be used for comprehensive and engaging film production in my (eventual) work environment ?”

Simply put:  I’ve only a limited understanding of its full capability, and would like to know more.

But I don’t need fame or the film festival circuit to do it.

Or a cocaine habit.


:-)!
   


No comments:

Post a Comment